Wednesday, September 14, 2016

'Beach'

Hello my crafty girls, I have another layout to share that I created with the 
gorgeous August kit from Scraps of Elegance.

'Beach'


So hubby started a brand new job a couple of months ago that requires some traveling, which
he is loving, but it kind of upset our plans to go to Florida this past holiday weekend. It might have been our last chance to go this year, but we'll see, we live so close we might still go for a weekend.
So I haven't had any Florida this year.....(insert lots of frowny faces and tears here.)
But I went and found this photo of me last year on the beach at Amelia Island,
and sometimes you have to just treasure the memories already made :)
This was at the end of a beautiful and relaxing day, and I knew it would work perfectly 
with the gorgeous August kit filled with light summery Blue Fern Studios papers,
beautiful flowers, and real sea shells.

Here is a list of everything I used from the 'By The Sea' 
Main kit, Flower Add-on, and Elements Add-on:

Blue Fern Studios Seaside Cottage Collection 'Calling Cards'
Blue Fern Studios Seaside Cottage Collection 'Gala'
Blue Fern Studios 'Seaside Lilies' Flowers
Blue Fern Studios 'By the Sea' Chipboard
Real Seashells
Prima French Riviera Brads
Prima French Riviera 'La Mer' flowers

Don't forget to check out our blog here, or to stop by the online
Scraps of Darkness store here.


Nothing is prettier than using real sea shells in a beachy layout. The
larger ones came with the kit and the tiny ones I bought from a gift shop on
one of our trips, that I attached using some clear gel medium.


I wanted to really emphasize the blues and purples in this paper and 
also in my photograph so I applied a thick uneven coat of heavy white gesso 
to the background and then used my watercolors to add some pops of color.



See you soon, 
Lisa xo

2 comments:

  1. It is sooooooooo nice to see a picture of 'you' on a page, LOL!!! And I'm wanting that shirt...just saying. And YUP! Gotta make the most of each day because we REALLY don't know what's around the corner [or NOT, unfortunately, in your case :( ] ......but at least you have a lovely photo and now a stunning page to remember the good hol from last year! LOOOOOOVE the blue/purple tones. Changed my tune these days. I think purple ROCKS. But ssshhh! Don't tell on me! And the sea shells are cute as.....my fave bit of ephemera is the light house tucked in there!! Awesome page:):) And I do hope you get at least a little chance of away time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful! and so is your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...