Monday, July 28, 2014

Jane

Hello girls....hope you have had a creative weekend ;)

I found another beautiful Russian blog with great sketches called Fairy's Challenges....
have you heard of it? Really lovely work there, I loved a sketch I saw recently and I went
looking for a photo and found this gorgeously romantic image from the movie 'Jane Eyre'.


“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” 

I have seen the movie 'Jane Eyre' with Charlotte Ginsberg, but I haven't seen the one made recently with Mia Wasikowska, it looks so beautifully done, I adore period films. I have actually been to the Brontë Sisters House in West Yorkshire. My mother comes from a town called Rotherham, Yorkshire, and she took my sisters and I to the Brontë House museum in Haworth for a tour when we were on a family holiday. I think I was sixteen years old.... 
I wish I could see it again now, I think I would appreciate it so much more as an adult ;)


Here is the sketch I was working from...


And you can find the challenge here.....


“Flirting is a woman’s trade, one must keep in practice.” 

Thanks for taking a look, 
I appreciate every visit and every comment so much!

Hugs, Lisa xo

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creams, caramels and soft pink....you have definitely captured the romance of that period. Beautiful page ! I have also visited the Bronte House in Haworth. I've read and re-read all the Bronte sister's novels, and after seeing where these books were written, the visual imagery in the stories became so much clearer and richer for me. Love your page !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors and pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so stunning, love the back ground and what a great photo too.. I love that era for fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-this is just divine! Love period films as well. I use to work as a costume tailor and worked on a few period productions which I just loved. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love how all the textures make for a soft and elegant look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind-blowing layout lisa...gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...all the elements are so well-placed...nice color combo as always...wow photo and superb mixed-media background work...this ones my favoritest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful layout! thanks.
    Fairy's challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A true stunner Lisa! looooove the colours and the ribbon trail! looks like something taken from the corset in the photo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...