Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December


Hello scrappy friends...I hope this evening finds everyone well and happy....This layout has sat on my desk half finished for days and days and I realized that I could make it look wintery and icy, and enter it into Once Upon a Sketch challenge which is all about our favorite month....mine is December for sure, I love wearing chunky sweaters and boots, drinking hot cocoa, baking yummy treats, the cold days, and of course preparing for Christmas, my all time absolute favorite holiday! My journaling on the back reads: "December is my favorite time of year, I adore Christmas and all the preparations, the presents, the baking and the magic of  believing in good will toward men. I have always loved winter and snowy days, I guess that's the Canadian in me coming out! " I used some 13 Arts products, silver micro beads, silver holographic glitter, and a pretty white stem, you can find these products at the 13 Arts store here, and also visit their challenge in their 13 Arts fan club here. I also was so happy that I finally figured out how to emboss! What took me so long? I embossed two Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces, a large scroll and a birdcage with silver embossing powder, you really can't see it too well in the photo, but I was so amazed by how silvery and shiny they turned out, really love the metallic effect, will be trying that more often for sure! 

You can find the Once Upon a Sketch challenge here.....

Journalling Theme: "My favorite month"


You are free to interpret our theme any way you like but please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes some journalling (hidden journalling is fine)



I also took some inspiration from Scrap Around the World December challenge, as always, I was totally in love with their mood board it looked very snowy and wintery to me, I loved the photo of the white washed frames with a hint of blue, and the photo of the ring. I used some gorgeous rhinestone snowflakes to give it a look of jewels, and I loved the sketch as well ....there's still time to enter this one, you have until the 31st! Find the challenge here....


We all know how busy the month of December is SO we are changing our rules FOR THIS MONTH ONLY - we are allowing TAGS and ATC's!!  And there is NO LIMIT on the size of your layouts, canvases or art journal spreads!!  You can even do a single art journal page!!  We understand that this month is about spending time with your families, creating memories to be scrapped in the future, so we are trying to help you save time & still get the chance to be creative, just in a shorter time frame if necessary!!




Feel free to interpret Zanka's mood board in any way you like, using one image, several of them, all of them 
or even just one aspect of an image, using ANY COLOURS! Our sketch is OPTIONAL!! 

 Please let us know HOW YOU WERE INSPIRED!! 
{we suggest you read our 10 GOLDEN RULES before you begin}


To be eligible for judging please include in your blog post:-

1)  Our mood board image.

 2)  Our name "Scrap Around The World" & a LINK BACK to this current challenge.

Please link to YOUR BLOG POST NOT your entire blog & please turn off word-verification 
if you would like some of our Design Team members to comment on your entry.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! 
Hugs, Lisa X

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page lisa! Hope you had a fantastic Christmas!! Thank you for joining us again at SATW and for your lovely words about us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Lisa! this sure is a stunner! fabulous fabulous details on this one! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share you gorgeous page with us at OUAS at this busy time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! So frosty! And so many details! Amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page!Thank you for joining SATW challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa I love this layout and I agree with you about snowy days and I would love to have another white Christmas. I love the turquoise with the white ... it creates the idea of icy cold. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month. Please load your layout on to our OUAS FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, what a gorgeous wintry page!! Love the blue/white colors and fabulous mixed media!! Thanks for joining us for the December Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular layout! Lovely textures and fantastic details! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your mixed media December , this is a stunning work! Thank you for playing along at SATW & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty! Love the splash of color and beautiful blossoms! Thanks for joining along with 13arts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...